Sunday, June 24, 2012

Top 5 thrift store finds

I LOVE going to thrift stores! I don't love the way they smell, or how your hands always manage to feel like you've rubbed them with newspapers, or how annoyed I am that I ALWAYS forget hand sanitizer. But it's totally worth it when you find something amazing for a steal! These are my all time top 5 favorites.

Fifth Place:
Yolk Belt $3




I found this crazy belt and it was almost to crazy for me...I had NO idea what I would wear it with but, I'd never seen anything like it and I'm a sucker for anything unusual.

Fourth Place:
Rotary Dial Phone $7


I love old phones! And it's pink! $7 is a little steep for a thrift find but I've been looking for a
 rotary phone for a long time.

Third Place:
Gigi Record 50¢


I was so excited when I found this!  I had JUST watched the movie for the first time(creepy, I know!) and loved it. I also loved the cover art.

Second Place:
1953 Edith Piaf Record 50¢


I think my hand trembled a little when I picked this one up...it's hard to find records this old without going on Ebay...plus, I had also just watched La vie en rose(which I highly recommend), a biographical movie on Edith Piaf(again,  kindof creepy...this seems to happen to me a lot).

First Place:
Faux Alligator Bag $5


I love this bag so much! The patent leather looks like alligator, and the clasp is
set in a strip of tortoise shell. It goes with everything and looks 1950s/60s to 
me...I even managed to stuff it in my suitcase and took it on my honeymoon!

1 comment: