Thursday, October 23, 2014

Channeling Audrey

I've always loved high-waist pants but can never seem buy them "off the rack" with a proper fit, so I finally decided to make a pair! I fell in love with this plaid fabric and made a three piece set with a crop top and bolero jacket to wear on our trip in DC. At the last minute in our hotel room I decided that it was just TOO MUCH for street wear so my husband and I ran to Target and found the cutest little crop top that ended up going perfectly with the pants I made.  If you love high-waist pants but have problems with fit, try buying and having them tailored or have a pair custom made...it's totally worth it!

Photos taken at the White House Gardens and the Smithsonian Institute

Crop Top: Target
Pants: made by me
Necklace: Sumly
Purse: vintage









Let's play a little game! I used Audrey Hepburn as my inspiration for this post and especially for the pose I used in my last two photos.  First person who leaves me a comment on this post with the correct Audrey Hepburn movie AND scene description that my last two photo poses are based on will receive a surprise from me! Go!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. oops scene description. She was posing for a picture. Cary Grant was taking it I believe....

      Delete
  2. Is it Funny Face, modeling at the Louvre? Fun post, Sarah :)!!! I love Audrey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb Nigh you nailed it! I'll be sending you a surprise soon!

      Delete