Saturday, June 25, 2016

Summer Solstice

Wheewh! It's been hot this weekend. Nevertheless Nate and I went to Sunrift Adventures and bought some bikes so we can do some trail riding! My sweetie was nice enough to snap some outfit pics of me while we were out. This dress was for sale in CarlaSue Vintage for several months but I thought it was such a shame that it was just sitting on a rack collecting dust all summer so I decided to keep it...ooooops. I mixed navy and black accessories (I love breaking fashion "rules") for this outfit. I have another black and navy outfit I'm dying to share! Hopefully soon. Hope everyone stays cool!

1950s Dress: CarlaSue Vintage
60s raffia clutch: Hey Roxanne Vintage
Hat and shoes from Target.

Photos by my sweet husband.


This dress is a fantastic number made by Loomtogs- something about it is so timeless and I love it! Loomtogs specialized in women's sportswear; this dress definitely has an easy quality about it. The fabric is glazed cotton- glazing was a popular technique in the 1950s-60s and makes the fabric wrinkle resistant (and yes, it really is practically wrinkle free!)




No comments:

Post a Comment