Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Valentine

Valentines Day. The holiday that I eagerly anticipated every year in elementary school slowly morphed into the holiday that I most dreaded as a college student.

 In elementary school, everybody decorates a cute box to bring to school on Valentines day. On said day, everybody gets a valentine from everybody in the class. And candy. How fun is that? In high school, I held my breath, hoping that this would be the year my crush sent me something through the gift delivery. Nope. Of course he didn't. He had know idea I wanted some stupid overpriced teddy bear from him. By the time college arrived, I just rolled my eyes every time I saw girls walking around campus with flowers, candy, and huge stuffed animals(which, their boyfriends ended up carrying for them anyways because they couldn't do it in high heels with a book bag). Most of those girls weren't dating the same guys by the end of the semester anyways.  

Now, however, I love Valentines Day! I finally found the man worthy of my time and attention. I've spent the day with him as both my boyfriend and fiancee, and now I get to spend it this year with him as my husband!

Here are some adorable candies I found at the Dollar Tree, which has some of the most irresistible holiday merchandise!







No comments:

Post a Comment