Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of Year

Fall is in the air...the leaves are starting to turn, and sometimes I can smell it in the breeze. Autumn has always been my favorite season, but it holds an even more special place for me now because I started dating my husband in September. Our first memories together involved things like apple picking, antiquing in Brevard, and shooting at the rifle range. On our very first date Nathan took me to the Church of God yard sale in Spindale, NC. It was an amazing yard sale! Afterwards we wandered around antique stores, Limestone College, and ate a surprise picnic that Nathan had packed. It was truly a magical day. This weekend, we decided to recreate our first date! We packed the exact same lunch and headed up to Spindale. Unfortunately the annual yard sale was not this weekend...but we still drove past the spot. Then, in keeping with the spontaneous nature of our first date, we drove aimlessly around for a while and finally stumbled across a lovely little lake in Tryon.  It was a great way to reminisce on our budding romance(:





No comments:

Post a Comment