Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Traveling Vintage

I'm packing for a little getaway with my hubby and it's my first time packing in my vintage suitcase! I thrifted it for $5 years ago...I was only intending to display it but recently I realized that it's actually an awesome piece of luggage and a shame not to use it, especially since good luggage nowadays can be expensive. It's in excellent condition too. Vintage suitcases can smell awfully musty though, so I left a bowl full of baking soda and lavender oil in it for a few days and it took the yucky smell right out! (and it smells like lavender now!)

I'm fairly certain this is from the 1960s...it reminds me of the Samsonite campaign on Mad Men(: I love how pretty this piece is...something about having a pretty suitcase makes me want to pack prettily too(usually I'm the type to just wad my clothes up and stuff them in a duffle bag). Well, I have some music practice to squeeze in this afternoon and my puppy is chewing on a radio manual so I better wrap this up! Hope it inspires you to keep your eyes open for vintage luggage next time you're at the thrift store!






No comments:

Post a Comment