Monday, April 29, 2013

Basil Mint Iced Tea

Lately I've been making hot tea with fresh herbs from my garden...it's so easy! No need to bother drying them; just snip off a stem or two and steep for a few minutes. Two combinations that I've enjoyed are thyme or rosemary with lemon and honey. I decided to try iced tea a few nights ago and it was sooo good! Perfectly light and refreshing for the upcoming summer months, so I thought I would share.

First, pour local honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice (to taste) in a jar.

 Add one basil leaf and a sprig of mint(I used two basil leaves but I think I would just use one  next time).

Add hot water(make sure it is HOT. I waited until my tea kettle whistled).

After it steeps for several minutes, remove the herbs, let it cool somewhat, and pour over a glass of ice.

Garnish with another sprig of mint(I used trailing mint).


























Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment