Friday, April 3, 2015

CarlaSue Vintage

I have an announcement to make! I've decided to change the name of my Etsy shop to CarlaSue Vintage. When I started my Etsy shop I was focusing on handmade but over time my shop has evolved into mostly vintage so I decided to choose a more appropriate name.

Why CarlaSue? Carla Sue is my mother's name(and quite a lovely one!); she grew up in the country in a small town in Ohio. You know that perfect little nostalgic town you always see in movies but wonder if really exists? Yep, that's it! My mom's family lived in a beautiful 1920s home surrounded by fields full of ponies, a pond, a vegetable garden, and apple trees. My grandmother would can home grown vegetables and homemade applesauce and bake black raspberry pies. I remember as a child going up to their huge walk-in attic full of my mother's childhood toys and being full of awe. I always loved my mom's room especially, with its white walls and furniture,  purple shag carpet and purple velvet  bedspread, reminiscent of Ann Margret's room in Bye Bye Birdie. I hope that with the vintage treasures I add to CarlaSue Vintage that I can capture the essence of the nostalgia I felt every time I visited my mom's family home in Ohio!

My blog will remain Pink Mackaroon and I'll keep my Facebook and Instagram accounts too but I am adding a separate CarlaSue Vintage page on Facebook and you can follow @carlasuevintage on Instagram.

Top and Shorts: Made by me
Basket purse: thrifted
Sandals: Target

Photos by my wonderful husband.









No comments:

Post a Comment